Updated April 3:
The COVID-19 pandemic is unlike anything our members have faced in recent memory – and as part of our mission of peace of mind through better health, we want to make sure they receive the care they need.
In recent weeks, we have enhanced our support of members by:
- Waiving all member cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatments, including hospitalizations, from in-network providers through May 31, 2020
- Waiving member costs for any appropriate FDA-aligned test
- Allowing early prescription refills and 90-day prescriptions to avoid increased risk of exposure
- Expanding access to telehealth services by making PhysicianNow visits available at no cost and by covering virtual visits with other network providers for many services
- Sharing key public health information, such as promoting social distancing and warning of potential scam activity
How our foundation is helping local organizations fight hunger
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads across Tennessee, people are coming together to help one another. Residents are keeping themselves and their neighbors “safer at home” while tending to the vulnerable and supporting local businesses.
But as the pandemic continues to affect our everyday lives, more people are facing uncertainty about providing food for their families. BlueCross leaders recognized these developing needs, and our foundation acted quickly to support local organizations equipped to meet them.
“Every day, families count on food banks for help — and that’s especially true now,” said JD Hickey, M.D., CEO of BlueCross and chairman of the BlueCross Foundation. “Tennesseans can get through these challenging times by coming together, and we’re expanding our support for food banks statewide as another way to bring peace of mind to our neighbors.”
Equipping local food banks to provide millions of meals
Our foundation’s support will help Tennessee food banks meet the needs of their communities now more than ever.
To read the full article, please click here.
Have questions about COVID-19 or how we’re covering testing and treatments for our members? Check out our FAQ.
Latest Updates From BlueCross
- March 30 | How to seek care and avoid spreading coronavirus (Video)
- March 25 | How our foundation is helping local organizations fight hunger
- March 18 | BlueCross Briefing: How to Practice Social Distancing to Limit the Spread of COVID-19 (Video)
- March 17 | BlueCross Expanding Telehealth Access with In-Network Providers
- March 13 | BlueCross Briefing: Coronavirus Update with Dr. Willis (Video)
- March 12| BlueCross Offering Telehealth Visits at No Cost
- March 6 | BlueCross to Cover Full Testing Costs for COVID-19
- March 5 | We’re answering member questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) coverage
- March 3 | BlueCross Briefing: Coronavirus Update with Dr. Willis (Video)
- March 2 | What Tennesseans should know about novel coronavirus (COVID-19)