BCBST News Center
March 18, 2020
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, it’s important that we do our part to protect ourselves and those around us, and especially individuals who are most vulnerable.
Experts recommend social distancing to slow the spread and impact of COVID-19. But what does that actually look like and why does it matter?
In this latest video update, BlueCross Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President Dr. Andrea Willis shares quick tips on social distancing and how to limit your exposure to the virus.
o properly distance yourself and lower the risk of COVID-19 infection, practice follow these steps:
- Avoid large gatherings and public places.
- Limit all travel and movement within your community.
- Stay at home, allowing few visitors.
And as always, continue to practice these protective measures:
- Wash your hands often with warm soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces every day.
For the latest information we’re sharing with our members and the public regarding COVID-19, visit BCBSTupdates.com.