COVID-19 Vaccine Grants
Tennesseans need accurate information about COVID-19 vaccines, and communities need the resources to efficiently distribute them. So the BlueCross Foundation is set to award multiple grants, totaling up to $1.7 million, to help local communities address these needs.
Employer Resources Toolkit
We know it’s important for you to make sure your employees are protected and have access to all the care and information they need during this COVID-19 health crisis. They’re our priority too.
To help you, we’ve created this toolkit for handouts you can use to help your employees with maintaining health, understanding medical benefits, best practices for social distancing, and tips to consider for safely returning to work onsite. We update questions and resources anytime new information becomes available. These updates are broad to cover aspects of all our plans, so please check your plan details to see which benefits are included in your plan.
Broker Resources Toolkit
We know it’s important for you to make sure your clients are protected and have access to all the care they need during this COVID-19 health crisis. They’re our priority too.
To help you, we’ve created this toolkit for handouts you can use to help your clients understand their benefits. We’re updating questions and new resources anytime new information becomes available. Please note these updates are broad to cover all aspects of all our plans and won’t apply to every group.
What you need to know about submitting a proposal
The program is designed to provide funding to leverage local knowledge, expertise, resources and relationships to increase vaccinations within communities.
Civic organizations, governmental entities and nonprofits can submit proposals for funding immediately. Applications will be reviewed and qualifying grants awarded on a rolling basis until available funds have been allocated.
For questions or additional information, contact Chelsea Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 535-3240.
Awarded funding must be used in Tennessee communities. Additional requirements include:
- Research-based insights used in developing the campaign or program
- Clear and detailed projected outcomes and measurements to be reported to BlueCross Foundation staff periodically while project is in progress and when the project is completed
- Nondiscrimination policy in place and enforced
- Recognition for BlueCross Foundation funding
The foundation will prioritize proposals that involve:
- Community coalitions and regional partnerships, including local governments, regional cooperatives, nonprofit organizations, civic service organizations, etc. with an identified lead organization and dedicated fiduciary agent;
- Strategic plans to augment foundation funding with local matching funds and/or in-kind support;
- Specific outreach to communities of color disproportionately affected by COVID-19 to address health disparities; and
- Detailed information about programming, collaboration and sustainable funding in support of community vaccination efforts.